McGill’s Bus Service Ltd are the UK’s largest privately owned Bus Company. We employ around 1800 employees within McGill’s Group. We are proud to have been awarded Public Transport Operator of the Year 2022 at the Scottish Transport Awards.
We are currently hiring for a time served Vehicle Examiner based at our Bannockburn Depot. The role is an exciting opportunity to join a fast moving and forward-thinking company. Come and work on the latest technology.
As a McGill’s Bus Service Ltd Vehicle Examiner, you will contribute to the maintenance and improvement of road safety and standards by keeping the public safe on Scotland’s roads. You will do this by conducting inspections of various types of Buses in our Bannockburn Depot.
As a Vehicle Examiner you will work on your own initiative and also as part of a team, managing the workload whilst contributing to the performance of the wider team. Ensuring that the Company is compliant with legislation and driving the standard of our fleet to the highest possible level.
- Carrying out inspections of all vehicle types
- Administration duties; including compiling reports, test certificates and documentation
- The Vehicle Examiner role can at times be physically demanding, which includes working under vehicles within the engineering pits.
- Taking responsibility for the health and safety of yourself and others
- Keep up to date with procedural, technical and IT developments relating to the job role
- Participate positively in all relevant training Ensuring adherence with DVSA’s and McGill’s policies.
Essential skills and qualifications:
Experience in the repair, maintenance or inspection of at least one of the following: HGVs/LGVs/PSVs/Cars PLUS a qualification stated above or equivalent, or completed an NVQ level 3 in Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair or IMI ATA registration at diagnostic technician level or IRTEC registration at advanced technician level or Engtech registration.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Flexibility in terms of working hours and adapting to changes in requirements
- Full and current driving licence
- There will be ongoing training on all aspects of the role. Some of the training will take place in our training centres or Training Partners Centres.
Annual Salary - £30,100 per annum
Monday to Friday – Some weekend work may be required on occasions as and when business needs require.